Monday 22 July 2013

to confess who I am when you're not looking

One of my favourite country singers is Blake Shelton! Love him! Well he sings a song called 'Who are you when I'm not looking?' And as soon as I read Kirsty's prompt for this week's I must confess linkup the song has been playing over and over in my head!

If you've never heard of it, check it out!

Anyway, so it always gets me thinking 'Who am I when no-ones else is around?' Because if we think about it, that's who we truly are I believe... I think we learn to change our behaviour in certain ways that are appropriate in the context we find ourselves in (at least most of us do, some were never taught that sadly!).... For example, who I am and how I speak, act and dress are quite different if I am going to work, going to the movies with friends, going to a rodeo or going to a Pink concert! (Yes I am one of many people who are! Can't wait...eeeek!). But who am I when no-one is around.,.. That's the ultimate confession today........so here goes......


I am a country rock queen!!!!! Lol....
Yep, when I am on my own and in the right mood I can rock out to a good ol' country song like there's no tomorrow! I love nothing more than turning on my ipod, turning it up loud and having a bit of a boogie around the house! More often than night I will even take my iPad into the bathroom and crank the tunes and have a big sing and dance in the shower! (I do often wonder what might happen one day if I slip and fall and can't get up, how long would I be there before someone found me and how awkward that could be! Lol...)

So there you have it.... In my dreams, when no-one's looking..... I am a country music superstar.....

What do you have to confess???





3 comments:

  1. Good on you Zita! I forgot to mention when no-one's around I like to sing at the top of my voice, but I'd be singing some sort of MAriah Carey or Whitney Houston number. Go you country rock queen!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I sing too when no one is around! Especially in the car when I think no one is looking at the top of my voice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep, we've all done that, imagining we're singing stars. It's a good stress release, so why not?

    ReplyDelete