Thursday 3 April 2014

for C

is for Coke the Cat

When my relationship ended while I was at University I thought it would be a great idea to get a pet to keep me company! I found an adverstisement in the paper, paid $10 and got myself the cutest little black kitten in the bunch! 

Her fur was pure black, there was not a speck of other colour on her and so I named her Coke. She was so cute and I remember her waiting for me on my bath mat while I showered and then when I got out she'd lick the water off my feet before getting in the shower and licking the water off the bottom of the shower recess! lol....

Coke travelled with me to Normanton when I got my first teacher posting, while I taught in Mt Isa she had to go on a holiday to Mum and Dad's (I wasn't allowed to have her in my share house) and then to moved with me to St George when I got a transfer there.

It was there that the unthinkable happened... She used to come in for dinner about 5/5:30pm and then I would lock her inside. There were far too many feral cats and dogs for her to be out at night and she had already had a run-in with another animal a few months before. One night she came inside for dinner as usual but then she was whinging at the door, reluctantly I let her out and even remember saying that she had to come back.....

..... she never came back.....

To this day I still have no idea what happened to her... 

She had a habit of sleeping in the weidest places...


No comments:

Post a Comment